Welcome to Stoney Creek Counseling!
Students, making an appointment is simple!
GRADE CHANGE FORM (G/H) FOR SEMESTER 2 2021
Due to the continuation of COVID-19 cases and the resulting quarantines throughout the second semester, RCS will extend the option to choose a “pass” (G) rather than a letter grade for the final grade in each second semester course.
After the report cards are posted on June 18, students will have one week to complete the Credit/No Credit Grade Change Request Form - Semester 2 (2021) . Seniors should make every effort to return the grade change request by June 23, 2021. All students must complete and return the grade change request by June 25, 2021. Senior grade changes will be processed as quickly as possible, and changes for the other grades will take place throughout the summer and will be completed prior to the 2021-2022 school year. All grade change requests must be sent to SCHSCounseling@rochester.k12.mi.us.
Passing grades that are changed will become a “G” for passing on the report card and on the transcript. Failing grades will automatically be changed to an “H”, which does not provide credit, but doesn’t impact the GPA. There is no need to request a change for a failing grade.
We trust that families will carefully consider this option and all that might be impacted by choosing to change the grade. Below is a list of information that may be helpful when making the determination.
- Neither G nor H (failing) will impact the student’s GPA. Keeping the original letter grade WILL impact the GPA.
- G/H will not negatively impact NCAA eligibility at this time. (for more specific information go to NCAA COVID FAQ ).
- A note regarding G/H will be indicated on the transcript and an explanation will accompany the school profile sent to colleges for high school students.
- Students must earn a “G” for a class to fulfill a graduation requirement for high school graduation (“H” will need to be retaken).
- Students should research and strongly consider the implications of selecting G/H with their college admissions office, college financial aid office, military/employer, insurance company, etc. Students may also wish to consult with their counselor. In general, a more complete transcript may be more desirable for college admission and students may be asked to fully explain a G grade.
- Online coursework taken out-of-district does qualify for G/H.
- For future coursework with a minimum grade prerequisite, proof of the required grade will be necessary to take the course. You may wish to talk with your current teacher about next year’s placement.
- All students taking a course are expected to meet normal course requirements (assignments, papers, assessments, attendance, etc.) and are graded in the normal way to receive a G in the course.
- Changes will be made starting with the senior class, and the manual process will be completed over the summer.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding submitting the form please email SCHSCounseling@rochester.k12.mi.us.